Pages

Saturday, May 18, 2013




I’m so glad you came by today. I hope you are stopping by because you seen me on my precious freind Kim's blog  Polka Dotted Bliss I hope I don’t scare you with my Hording problem…

4 years ago I was taking over my husbands office in the house. He was so kind to give me a little space off to the side, but as you know , us women that create can never have enough space. So my little space became a big problem for him. He wanted me to clean up after my night of crafting. I did not want to do that every time, because I was never “finished” with what I was working on. I hated to put all my stuff away, just to have to drag it back out when I got a chance to craft again. So for my birthday he surprised me with a card saying that he was going to build me a Scrap cove. ALL MINE, to have all the room I wanted to create. That was the best day ever!!! So he started working on it right away that summer and within no time, I was ready to move in.
This is the picture of my Scrap cove ( my little piece of Heaven) that he built me.

                          I loved it so much, he bought me a desk and cabinet set to put in there, and I immediately          started putting stuff in.
                                             My mother in law made me curtains to go inside.

                                                  I love my little window to look outside.

But wait.... as time went on. Remember it has been four years. I have acumalated more and more, because I had so much space to put things. So I started my obsession with scrapbooking and as my husband says when he walks in, This looks like you have bought out a scrapbook store that went bankrupt... eeeksss.
so here is the view when you walk in now.
Yes I have bought to much!! I admit it, but I have so much fun creating in this space. Its' my space, and I love to go out here and have my ME time ALONE and just be FREE.
It might look like a caotic mess, but I know were everything is. He installed me racks on top to hold my baskets and boxes. Every box and basket is catagorized with specific items I need. I have them seperated by holiday or theme. I know what box to pull when I'm working on something.
I got this at Hobby Lobby one year as a present for Mothers day. It holds ribbon, brads, and other embellishments inside the drawers.
I bought this when Kimberly posted it on Facebook that there was a major sale on a website. So I had to purchase it. I love it even though it does not hold all the ribbon I own.
Here is some more ribbon that I color cordinate in cute jars on top of the cabinet. Easy to get to.
This is my special orginzational tip to give you today. It is a shoe holder, but I put my stamps inside. The clear pockets lets me see what I need to get quickly!
This was another gift years ago that my hubby bought me. I have it labeled as to what drawer holds what.

I love the cabinets that are in the desk set. They hold so much, and out of site.
I bought this Card stand and peg board from Mrs. Donna K from  Created by DonnaK last year.
She was selling some items that she didn't want anymore. So her sweet husband was going to a bike race that weekend, and he brought it to me. I love the card stand. It keeps my cards organized and ready to pluck when I need to send one off in the mail. The beg board houses some of my embellishments that are still in packages, and I put my florals on top so its easy to see them when I need to use them on my projects. The little desk I picked up at a yard sale for $1. I have all my lose glitters and mist in the drawers.



                                      this little kitchen basket holds my stickles and paints.


I even have a little chair that sits in the corner for my hubby to sit in when he comes out to hang with me. He has his guitar amp out here and plays and sings to me. Gives me some MOJO to keep crafting sometimes.

Well I believe that is all to show you in my little Scrap Cove. I will leave you with a view from my french doors. All the little birdies like to sit in that tree and talk to me!! I hope I did not scare you to much with my mess, but its a beautiful mess to me!!!! Have a great weekend.


11 comments:

Georgiana said... [Reply to comment]

Lucky you to have a such a fabulous Scrap Cove!

Norma Gomez said... [Reply to comment]

I love your "Scrap Cove", it's so charming and what a sweet gift. Tara over on Creative Desert Divas is having a creative space linky party, you should link up. I just did a video tour of mine so I can join the fun tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your space!!

bumblebee creations said... [Reply to comment]

what a super cool space!! I want one!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said... [Reply to comment]

WOW! It's like HEAVEN!! Lucky girl, I would love to have a mini scrap house!! So fun! Love all the great stuff in there too! Thanks for sharing over at Desert Divas Link party, Guest Designer Carri~Abusybee

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

That is just wonderful. I don't blame you I would have to fill it up with crafting supplies too! Love all your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Show me your craft space “ Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

How awesome!!! YOur very own craftin house!!! I love it!

Thank you for linking up with us for Tara's linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's. We hope that you will join us again for future linky parties!

Robin
Cut One Designs by Robin

Laura said... [Reply to comment]

Wow. That is totally amazing... I love that your hubby comes out and sings to you..
Thanks for linking up with Tara's linky party..
Laura

Claire Spielman said... [Reply to comment]

My dream...a separate little craft house ...fabulous view and space inside! Enjoy
Creative Wishes
Claire S
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

What a WONDERFUL husband you have to build you your own Scrap Cove!!! I am SOOOO jealous!!!! My hubby couldn't build ANYTHING! LOL! But, my hubby is just as kind as your hubby and brings me wine to my craft room! LOL!
Your space is A-MAZ-ING!!!! I love the bright colors on your wall, the card stand, the ribbon organizer, and I especially love how you said you KNOW WHERE EVERYTHING IS! That is a true crafty woman right there!!!

AWESOME ROOM!!

Thanks for joining us over at Craftin Desert Divas Link Party!

Crafty Hugs,
Jessica
www.craftinandstampin.blogspot.com

Missy said... [Reply to comment]

This is unbelievable!! You have your own scrap shack!!! I love it your organization is terrific, too!!

Kimberly said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks again for sharing your cove on my blog, I absolutely can't wait to get down there and scrap in it!! {{Hugs}}

Post a Comment

>